Leadership Skills Inventory – Self
The art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.
– Dwight D. Eisenhower
The Top Three Reasons (Skills) Why Leaders Succeed!
- High Self-Awareness
- High Emotional Mastery (Self-Management)
- Deep Understanding of Human Behavior Including Personal Style
Research by Dr. Ray Williams, Psychology Today
DOWNLOAD/VIEW SAMPLE LSI-S REPORT
Leadership Skills Inventory – Self (LSI-S)
The Leadership Skills Inventory–Self is based on research in applied behavioral science and management effectiveness. It focuses primarily on helping you develop your ability to manage “self” and the “people” side of leadership. The research on emotional and organizational intelligence continues to substantiate the validity of the guidance skills in this inventor
This assessment is a condensed and streamlined version of the book, Transforming Leadership, by Terry D. Anderson. The book provides you with the theoretical and research background upon which the LSI–Self instrument is based. Completing this learning tool will position you to manage less and lead more, by guiding you to pinpoint the specific skills you need to develop to increase your influence effectiveness.
Note: The LSI–Self was not designed to assess your ability in technical or operational managerial areas.
This assessment will help you gain insight and formulate a solid capacity development plan.
As you proceed you will see strengths you can maximize and identify areas (gaps) that need work.
Using this assessment, you can:
- Establish your agreement to the 12 Transforming Principles.
- Evaluate your proficiency level in any of the 60 Transforming Skills.
- Assess your level of functioning in each of the five skills sections; which are Self-Management Skills, Interpersonal Communications Skills, Coaching, Counselling and Problem Management Skills, Team and Consulting Skills, and Organizational Development and Versatility Skills.
- Determine your overall level of Direction competency.
- Become more confident, better equipped, and more effective with a wider range of individuals, teams, and organizations.
The LSI–Self can assist you to do the following:
- Benchmark key skills levels for anyone in a management or supervisory role.
- Determine required professional development for executive succession planning.
- Facilitate team development and responsibility allocation, based on management skills levels.
- Establish framework and focus points for Executive and influence coaching.
- Outline steps for a personal development strategy or plan.
- Assist in the selection, hiring, and promotion for any supervisory or management position.
- Identify required skills for success in any influential role or responsibility.
This assessment supports anyone in a supervisory role to first benchmark, then outline, specific steps to increase and improve his or her leadership effectiveness.
- Establish agreement to the 12 Principles.
- Assess competency in each of the 5 sections.
- Evaluate proficiency in any of the 60 Transforming Skills.
- Confirm perceptions of your skills as others see you, using the LSI–360° feedback tool.
- Determine the required professional development.
- Identify required skills for success in any management role
Who can benefit:
- Business Owners
Available in the following languages:
Note: If you don’t see the language you need please connect with Consulting Resource Group as we are always looking for new language partners.
Appeal to the visual learners in your group with a professional PowerPoint. Consulting Resource Group created the slides to accompany their presentations using the assessment and Transforming Leadership book . You can use this PowerPoint for virtual presentations of live seminars or trainings.
You can customize the presentation for your group by using as many or as few of the slides as you like–and even adding some of your own. The PowerPoint comes as a downloadable file in both 3×4 and 9×16 formats.
Use the PowerPoint as the finishing touch to create visually stimulating and professional training.
Create strong leaders in your organization with Consulting Resource Group ’s Leadership assessment. Completing the instrument is only the first step. Help your clients move forward. Give them a starting place to discuss their results and create a plan for the future.
In the Trainer’s Guidelines, you will find the following.
- A 2 to 6 hour Presentation Template
- A Comprehensive Introduction to Transforming Leadership
- How to use the assessments
- Individual and Group Exercises
Start the shift in your organization toward inspiring, motivating transformational leaders with the Trainer’s Guidelines.
Transforming Leadership: Equipping Yourself and Coaching Others to Build the Leadership Organization
The need for competent leaders has never been greater!
If you want to learn what it REALLY takes to be a successful leader, our Transforming Leadership book is for you! In his 300 page, no-fluff book, Dr. Terry Anderson will coach you to develop the critical skills needed to become an effective leader.
The book and development model is now being used around the world in numerous university administration and communication courses. In addition, centers from Brussels to Banff use the Transforming Leadership book as an anchor point to their curricula and leadership retreat formats.
This is the supportive companion piece to complete the Leadership Skills Inventory–Self.
Transforming Leadership will provide you with
- An Opportunity and Challenge to Self-Examine;
- A Renewed Sense of Purpose;
- Clarity of Your Foundational Beliefs; and
- A Broad Spectrum of Leadership Knowledge and Skills.
Transforming leaders don’t happen by accident.
Start your journey to transforming leadership today.
It takes time and money to create handouts for a presentation. Why not use the models CRG has already created? CRG Models is a downloadable file of PDFs of handouts you can use to present any of CRG’s assessments.
Once you have purchased these, you can print the full-color handouts anytime you need them, as many copies as you like.
Includes the following.
- Readiness and Willingness to Change
- What is Personal Style?
- Personal Style Model
- Business Development Model
- And Much More!
Set yourself up for success.
Use Consulting Resource Group’s professional handouts at your next presentation!
Without this book, you have only scraped the surface of understanding personal style. Would you like to know more about style and how you can use it to improve your life, relations and interactions with others? The Third Edition of this book is authored by Ken Keis. Learn more about interacting with others and how style affects every area of your life. Retail $30.00.
Here’s What You Will Get and Learn:
Take your personal style knowledge and understanding to the next level with the book.
- You will receive your own personalized report on your specific style pattern(s) and how to personally increase your effectiveness with self and others—View a Sample Report
- Learn about the one factor that without it you will forever be hindered in your ability to build lasting relationships.
- That developing your weaknesses is a myth and highly over rated. You will learn to play and design a life that plays to your strengths and natural predisposition.
- Learn how to lead and inspire others who are different than you.
- Learn how to match your personal style to the nature of the work and roles so that you will have a fulfilling work life.
- Learn to avoid this one condition that without it you will not be able to sustain your engagement or personal energy.
- Learn what our parents told us was wrong with us is actually right with us.
- Learn about a holistic development model and strategies to advance and improve all the areas of your life.
- Learn that what we were all taught about introversion and extroversion is flawed and embrace a more powerful explanation of why we prefer what we prefer.
- Be able to intentionally make decisions in all areas of your life with confidence—every time.
Take your personal style knowledge and understanding to the next level with the book Why Aren’t You More Like Me?™
The Life-Changing Book!
The principles and strategies in Deliberate Leadership apply to everyone who wants to lead self and others more effectively—whether you are a CEO of a Fortune 500 company, Law Enforcement or Military Officer, Small Business Owner, University Dean, Volunteer Leader, Pastor, Shift Supervisor, Student or Parent.
“The CRG Leadership Skills Inventory (LSI-S) is brilliant! Before I begin coaching a leader, I need a benchmark of their competencies as a leader. The LSI-S clearly helps a leader identify which transformational leadership competencies they are strong in and which ones require amplifying. At the end of the coaching contract, usually 25-30 hours, we use the LSI-S again to measure the leader’s quantifiable gains in competency levels. Aside from addressing capabilities such as communication, the LSI-S ramps up the coaching conversation to discuss their skill levels with respect to self-management including positive mental attitude!”
Awarded 2019 Top 100 Management Consultants in the World by CEO Today Magazine
“The Leadership Skills Inventory- self opens your eyes to the complexity of Leadership. You quickly learn that each section is a developmental process that each individual Leader must experience, you will become confident and prepared to be more effective with a wide range of individuals, groups and organizational issues. Completing this learning program will position you to manage less and lead more.”
Val Wilson, President
Val Wilson, Ink