This assessment is a condensed and streamlined version of the book, Transforming Leadership, by Dr. Terry D. Anderson. The book provides you with the theoretical and research background upon which the LSI–Self instrument is based. Completing this learning tool will position you to manage less and lead more, by guiding you to pinpoint the specific skills you need to develop to increase your leadership effectiveness.
Note: The LSI–Self was not designed to assess your ability in technical or operational managerial areas.
The LSI–Self will help you gain insight and formulate a solid leadership development plan.
As you proceed you will see strengths you can maximize and identify areas (gaps) that need work.
Using this assessment, you can:
- Establish your agreement to the 12 Transforming Leadership Principles;
- Evaluate your proficiency level in any of the 60 Transforming Leadership Skills;
- Assess your level of functioning in each of the five skills sections; which are Self-Management Skills ; Interpersonal Communications Skills; Coaching, Counselling and Problem Management Skills; Team and Consulting Skills and Organizational Development and Versatility Skills:
- Determine your overall level of Leadership competency.
Through the LSI–Self, you can become more confident, better equipped, and more effective with a wider range of individuals, teams, and organizations.
The LSI–Self can assist you to do the following:
- Benchmark key skills levels for anyone in a leadership or supervisory role
- Determine required professional development for executive succession planning
- Facilitate leadership-team development and responsibility allocation, based on leadership skills levels
- Establish framework and focus points for Executive and Leadership coaching
- Outline steps for a personal development strategy or plan
- Assist in the selection, hiring, and promotion for any supervisory or leadership position
- Identify required skills for success in any leadership role or responsibility
The Leadership Skills Inventory–Self supports anyone in a leadership or supervisory role to first benchmark, then outline, specific steps to increase and improve his or her leadership effectiveness.
Use LSI-Self to:
- Establish agreement to the 12 Leadership Principles.
- Assess competency in each of the 5 leadership sections.
- Evaluate proficiency in any of the 60 Transforming Leadership Skills.
- Confirm perceptions of your leadership skills as others see you, using the LSI–360° feedback tool.
- Determine the required professional development.
- Identify required skills for success in any leadership role
Who can benefit:
- Business Owners